“[A good artist is] one with imagination and the ability to tell a good story. How well a man draws cuts no ice with me, if what he’s trying to express comes out vague and choppy.” ‐ Jack Kirby
(Sherman cited in Morrow (ED.) 2004, (vol.1) p. 181).

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Here's my blog...now where's yours? Hmm?


Hey, it was great to meet you all today in the first 'Visual Story' class. Hopefully, you don't feel like you're drowning in assessment items from this an the other courses on your plate- these in-class exercises should help not only alleviate a little bit of the workload outside the contact hours, but also train your brain to tackle what needs to be done for the final assessment item relatively quicker and easier than just going in cold,  based only on a lecture or theory.

Anyways, my post is to prompt you guys:

Ok, I have to admit, up until 2nd year, I never blogged. Why? Who knows. Probably never considered it. Ironically, it wasn't until the 'Animation Pre-production' class (which is now called 'Visual Story'), that I began blogging my work-in-progress images, reference images etc. onto a blogger site. OK, so it was a course requirement that I still thought was lame ;P (I rebelliously called "Shove a pen in your eye, ya freakin' nerd") but I learnt what a valuable sharing and organisational tool it can be.

Officially converted.

So, for my comic project in honours that spun into a series published by Australian publisher Black House comics, I have http://www.pm-comic.blogspot.com.au/, which basically chronicles the thought process right through to the first deliverable comic, then to the continuation, publisher pick up, the TV commercial announcement...these are milestones I wouldn't have kept track of without the use of a good, simple blog. So, what's yours? Whether you use blogger, Tumblr, a Facebook page, Wordpress, Deviantart... whatever! Send me your link either as a comment here, or email at pmason83@gmail.com, and I'll add it to the list on the right -------->

Plus, anything cool you want to share with others, do the same as above, and I'll post it up :) Today's "finding out what you like" was more so just to get an idea on what everyone is in to, and admittedly I wasn't aware of all of it. So, share :D

All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment